What is DI?
Creative Problem Solving 101…Destination Imagination (DI) is a unique program where kids take what they know and what they are good at and learn to apply it. They work together and cooperatively with a team of 5 to 7 members to solve of one the five competitive Team Challenges. Each challenge has its own educational focus. A non competitive Team Challenge designed for K thru 2nd is available for the younger set. Each Team Challenge is designed to be open-ended and solvable in many ways and on many levels.
How Do I Do DI?
If you or your child is interested, please talk to your principal or the DI building coordinator at your school.
Also: We want to make this program available to as many interested students as possible. Teams are managed by parent volunteers. Being a team manager can be a truly rewarding experience, and plenty of training and support is available to help you. Please let me know if you are interested in managing a team.
If you would like information on our region, the program, or on how to start a team please email our regional director, Stephanie Gonterman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tyler Ratliff at email@example.com
The Dal-Rich region covers all public and private schools in the Richardson and Highland Park attendance areas.
What do kids get out of DI?
- Have FUN!!
- Make new friends
- Learn to solve all kinds of problems
- Learn to think on their feet
- Learn that if something goes wrong, you just keep going
- Learn to understand and appreciate the ideas, strengths, and abilities of other team members
- Learn to manage time more efficiently
- Learn to plan out a project and bring it to a conclusion
- Learn to rely on themselves
- Learn to be more organized
- Learn how to resolve disagreements and manage conflict in a positive way
- Learn not to give up
- Learn to use technology, tools, machinery safely
- Learn that we can do more than we ever thought we could